As a salesman, knowing the how and importance of engaging your customers on a deeper level that ensures their loyalty as not just a one-time customer but encouraging enthusiastic customers to generate referral is key.
There are some customers that for some reason haven’t patronized you but you want to reach out to these customers. Calling on the phone just to tell them about your new unique products with its fantastic features aren’t enough.
Here’s what you do not want to say, “Hello Ms. Juliet, we have new products available to fix your problems with awesome features. We trust you will like it.” Yes, that’s a fantastic thing to say but it might only make that customer to nod in agreement and perhaps not make that purchase.
- Call at the appropriate time: what time is really an okay time to reach out to your consumer? Once, I had to call a customer as a matter of urgency and excitement, but my call was abruptly turned down. Why? Customers are humans. They are also engaged with other aspects of life, whether private life or career-wise. So next time you pick up the phone be sure it is more appropriate.
- Be courteous: Send warm greetings. The focus here is to be friendly and not sales centered. Good morning with an impressive tone that suggests agility is good to go.
- Say something about the weather: there’s always something to say about the weather. Like, “the weather is amazing”, it’s been raining for days, and thank God the sun is out to play”.
- Ask leading questions about their career and family: Customers want you not to be sales conscious always and just put their emotions into consideration. They want you to care enough about them and their family. They might not be open to talking about such but it shows you care about your customers’ peace and sanity.
- If they have mentioned anything to you in the past, bring it up: pay attention to details. A customer could walk into your office to buy a gadget for her child, and in the course of sales, she talks about how her son in high school loves soccer and in the course of it hurt his foot.
You could bring it up by saying, “how’s your son’s foot? I believe he’s becoming a better player”. This could lead to further conversations and this is a high-five for you that you remember little details about your client.
- “I’m The Best, Nobody Paved The Way For Me” – Burna Boy
- BBNaija’s Seyi Get’s Engaged To Girlfriend
- Kannywood Reacts To Maryam Booth’s Leaked Nude Video
- Tacha Reacts After Hotel Staff Sneaked Into Her Room With Master Key
- Sudanese and Nigerian Nationals, Others Arrested For Defrauding 200 People With Kidney Scam
- If it is a holiday or festive period, ask them about it: they are celebrations during festive periods, you care about your clients? Ask about these little things. Like, “Christmas is fast approaching, oh! How time flies” or “I woke up this morning feeling like its Christmas already”.
- Tell them you are calling to check on them: it is not going to be surprised if you don’t talk about sales till the end of your conversation. You tell your customer, “Mrs. Biodun, its nice talking to you. Have a great day and extend your regards to the family”. What this act do is to make your customers feel loved and they know that you don’t just care about your sales and products only, you care intensively about them.
You are indeed done with the first stage. This first stage is like a notification button that has popped up in the mind of your client. So what does your client do in return? Remember that the end result is to make sales (profit), after all, that’s what business is all about.
Here’s what happens, your customer will turn that notification to a widget so that she can see it often and then prompting her to put a call through to you or make that purchase.
It is important for you to send texts or emails pertaining to your current or new product. This way, it also serves as a reminder that her needs will be satisfied by using your services or products.